Newly Launched Health Personnel and Nursing Concours in Cameroon. MINSANTE Cameroon Concours and direct recruitment exams.
Newly launched health personnel and nursing Concours in Cameroon is usually a subject of discussion after the release of Cameroon GCE board exam results.
Newly Launched Health Personnel and Nursing Concours in Cameroon
The competitive exam to get into the Cameroon medical corps is a dream for most science students who have passed the GCE Ordinary and Advanced Level. If these students pass, they can become health personnel in nursing, dentistry, laboratory sciences, etc.
Furthermore, direct recruitment into the Cameroon public service is possible.
Intake of the Cameroon Health Personnel and Nursing National Qualifying Competitive Exam
The national qualifying examination for the admission of 9205 successful students into the first year of nursing, medical laboratory science, the state registered nursing (SRN) pharmaceutical and dentistry studies in medical state universities, and authorized private institutions of higher education have been launched for the academic year 2020/2021.
This number of places is distributed as follows:
|No||Medical Speciality||No of Places|
|MEDICAL HEALTH TECHNICIANS|
|1||Assistant Laboratory Health Technicians.||760|
|2||Assistant Health Technicians, Mortuary Attendants.||40|
|3||Senior Dental Technicians||75|
|4||Senior Physiotherapy Technicians||120|
|5||Senior Pharmacy Technicians||60|
|6||Senior Sanitary Health Technicians||30|
|7||Senior Laboratory Health Technicians||720|
|8||Senior Psychomotor and Relaxation therapy Technicians.||20|
|9||Senior Radiology and Medical Imagery Technicians.||125|
|10||Senior Optometry/Refraction Technicians.||25|
|2||Mental Health Nurses||30|
|3||Nurses in Anaesthesiology/Reanimation.||60|
|2||State Registered Nurses (Senior Nurses)||2000|
|3||Community Health Assistants.||120|
- Assemble the complete application files as required.
- Deposit the complete files or dossier at a chosen center.
- Sit for and pass the health personnel competitive exam (Concours).
1. Assemble or Compile the Complete Application Files
- A filled form to be downloaded from the website site www.minsanteconcours.cm or www.concours.minsante.cm (MINSANTE Concours website)
- A stamped application to the Minister of Public Health, dated and signed by the candidate, and bearing a 1.000 FCFA fiscal stamp. The application shall include The first and surnames of the candidate; complete contact address; The Examination the candidate intends to sit for; The examination center; Selected training schools: candidates must choose two training schools, including one public school and one private school.
- A certified true copy of the required academic or professional diploma
- A certified true copy of a birth certificate not older than three months.
- An attestation of presentation of the original certificate of the required diploma.
- A certificate of non-conviction of the candidate dated less than three months.
- A medical certificate attesting that the candidate is physically and mentally able to work.
- A receipt of payment, worth 10000 FCFA, at the regional chief of service for administrative and financial affairs for all grades.
- A certified true copy of the national identity card.
- A 4 x 4 passport size photograph; colour.
- An Authorisation to sit for the exam (only for civil servants)
- A large envelope bearing a 1000 FCFA stamped and the full address of the candidate.
2. Deposit the complete files or dossier at a chosen center
3. Sit for and pass the health personnel competitive exam (Concour)
Requirements For the National Health Personnel and Nursing Exam or Concours in Cameroon (Eligibility Criteria)
- For Health Technicians, Nursing care and Midwifery Section: Cameroonians and foreigners of both sexes, aged 18 to 30 years on 1st January.
- For the Nursing specialties: Cameroonians and foreigners of both sexes, Not older than 40 years on 1st January.
- Be a State Registered Nursing Certificate holder with at least two years of professional experience in a health facility.
The national qualifying examination for health personnel shall be reserved for holders of the following certificates:
- Be a BEPC or GCE O-Level (General Education) in 04 subjects or CAP (Home Economics and Médical Secretariat only).
- Be a Baccalauréat (C, D, F7 or F8) holder or a GCE A-Level (General Education) in 02 science subjects.
- Be a holder of a Baccalauréat (C, D, F7 or F8), or a GCE A / L (General Education) in at least 02 subjects.
- Hold a State registered Nurse certificate and have at least two years of working experience in a Health facility.
How is the Written Entrance Exam For Health Personnel and Nurses Organized in Cameroon?
Nursing Assistants, Community Health Assistants, Assistants HeaIth Technicians, and Assistant Health Technicians Attendants:
- General knowledge.
- English and French Language.
State Registered Nurses in Mental Health, Anaesthesiology/Reanimation, Ophthalmology, and Gerontology:
- General knowledge.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Medical and Surgical pathology.
State Registered Nurses, Midwifery, HeaIth Technicians, (Medical Analysis, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Psychomotor and Relaxation therapy, Radiology and Medical Imagery, Pharmacy, Sanitary Technicians and Optometry/Refraction):
- General knowledge.